- “Historic Properties Survey Manual”, Massachusetts Historical Commission, Office of the Secretary of the Commonwealth, 1976
- “How to Read Buildings, A crash course in architectural styles“, Carol Davidson Crague, Rizzoli, NY. To order: www.amazon.com
- “The HARVARD ALBUM“, Dianne M. Newton, Harvard Historical Society, Horowitz/Rae Book Manufacturers, Fairfield, NJ. ISBN 0-9657435-0-0. To order; www.amazon.com
(Note: All downloadable documents are searchable using ADOBE READER. We recommend that you download and save the document on your computer first and then do your searching with your own copy. It is much faster.)
- Anderson, Robert C. Directions of a Town: A History of Harvard, Massachusetts. Harvard, Massachusetts: Harvard Common Press
- Chandler, Seth. An Historical Discourse: Delivered before the First Congregational Society in Harvard, October 22, 1882. Boston, George E. Littlefield Antiquariana Bookstore, 67 Cornhill. 1884. Open/download electronic copy.
- Freedom’s Way Heritage Association. Freedom’s Way National Heritage Area Management Plan, June 2015
- Green, Martin. The Mount Vernon Street Warrens: A Boston Story 1860-1910. New York: Charles Scribner’s Sons, 1989.
- Hapgood, Warren. The Hapgood Family; Descendants of Shadrach, 1656-1898, New Edition by Warren Hapgood, 1898.
- Harris, Ida A. History of Harvard: 1850-1940. (Manuscript). Committee of the Harvard Historical Society. Unpublished.
- Harvard Historical Society, Newton, Dianne M. The Harvard Album. Harvard, Massachusetts: Harvard Historical Society, 1997.
- Nourse, Henry Stedman. History of Harvard. With the compliments of Warren Hapgood. Clinton, Massachusetts: W.J. Coulter, 1894. Open/download electronic copy. Book may be available from Biblio.com, Abebooks.com
- Nourse, Henry Stedman. John Prescott, the Founder of Lancaster. 1603-1682. unpublished.
- Nourse, Henry Stedman. Lancastriana; I. A Supplement to the Early Records and Military Annals of Lancaster, Massachusetts. W.J. Coulter, 1900. Open/download electronic copy.
- Nourse, Henry Stedman. The Military Annals of Lancaster, Massachusetts. 1740-1865. W.J. Coulter, 1889.
- Savage, F.S., Sr. Memoirs of Old Harvard Days, 1863-1924. Still River, Massachusetts. Self-Published 1924.
- Volmar, Michael. Harvard. (Charleston, S.C., Arcadia Press “Images of America” Series, 2003).
- Whitney, Peter Worcester County: America’s First Frontier. Isaiah Thomas, Worcester. 1793.
- Ebert, Matthew, Restoration of the Shaker Cemetery, Harvard, Massachusetts, Eagle Scout Service Project, June 1990